- This item has been sold
- City: Cary
- State: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 27511-2477
- Phone: 9196211986
- Contact Name: Karen Kulz
- VIN Number: JT2MA67L4E0129778
- Mileage: 156700
- Exterior Color: black
- Interior Color: grey
- Turbo: Stock Twin Turbos
- Roof: Hardtop
- Transmission: Manual
- Overall Condition: Fair
- Listed: May 4, 2016 6:50 pm
- Expires: 769 days, 18 hours
Black 1984 Toyota Celica Supra for sale. 6 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission, 156,700 miles.
Owner has died, so I don’t know all details about the car. I did find a bill of sale, so I know that it was purchased used in 1985 with 14k miles on it, so… only two owners probably. I also know he used only Mobil 1 in it. It has been garaged for more than half its life since then, but not after Oct 2008.
Brand new starter and windshield, this month. It has a pushbutton ignition override (turn the key then push the button), and the radio is a replacement, specifically a Dual XDM6400BT. (I found the old one, possibly the original, in a box. You’re welcome to have it…) The sunroof works. Owner’s manual, repair guide, and various extra parts thrown in… (whatever little parts I have found while going through my brother’s stuff).
The car is running, has great pickup, and is fun to drive.
1) The car has failed NC inspection due to suspension issues – lower ball joint on the left and the inner tie rod on the left. Rough estimate, ~$500+ for my mechanic to fix these things and do an alignment, or way less if you can do it yourself.
2) The valve cover gasket is leaking. Repair by my mechanic will run about $160. Repair by someone who buys their own part and can do the work, maybe $20 – $50.
3) The AC and defrost are not working. Mechanic says it’s possibly the blower resistor, but without paying for them to get into the dash to look more, we don’t know.
So, there you have it…
$2000 as is, or more if I go ahead and get the repairs done for issues 1 and 2 and register the car again. Not gonna bother with 3 right now…