Black 1984 Toyota Celica Supra 5 speed
- This item has been sold
- City: Cary
- State: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 27511-2477
- Phone: 9196211986
- Contact Name: Karen Kulz
- VIN Number: JT2MA67L4E0129778
- Mileage: 156700
- Exterior Color: black
- Interior Color: grey
- Turbo: Stock Twin Turbos
- Roof: Hardtop
- Transmission: Manual
- Overall Condition: Fair
- Listed: May 4, 2016 6:50 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Black 1984 Toyota Celica Supra for sale. 6 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission, 156,700 miles.
Owner has died, so I don’t know all details about the car. I did find a bill of sale, so I know that it was purchased used in 1985 with 14k miles on it, so… only two owners probably. I also know he used only Mobil 1 in it. It has been garaged for more than half its life since then, but not after Oct 2008.
Brand new starter and windshield, this month. It has a pushbutton ignition override (turn the key then push the button), and the radio is a replacement, specifically a Dual XDM6400BT. (I found the old one, possibly the original, in a box. You’re welcome to have it…) The sunroof works. Owner’s manual, repair guide, and various extra parts thrown in… (whatever little parts I have found while going through my brother’s stuff).
The car is running, has great pickup, and is fun to drive.
1) The car has failed NC inspection due to suspension issues – lower ball joint on the left and the inner tie rod on the left. Rough estimate, ~$500+ for my mechanic to fix these things and do an alignment, or way less if you can do it yourself.
2) The valve cover gasket is leaking. Repair by my mechanic will run about $160. Repair by someone who buys their own part and can do the work, maybe $20 – $50.
3) The AC and defrost are not working. Mechanic says it’s possibly the blower resistor, but without paying for them to get into the dash to look more, we don’t know.
So, there you have it…
$2000 as is, or more if I go ahead and get the repairs done for issues 1 and 2 and register the car again. Not gonna bother with 3 right now…
don’t see a date on this ad. Is the car still for sale?
Yes. Sorry, I didn’t know to keep a look out for comments…
I have updated the ad with new info about the car’s condition.
Wondering if car is stillfor sale
Is the car still available. I live in Raleigh and wanted a project car for my son.
If the car still available call me st 5617295501 I want it
Is the Supra still available?
Is the supra still for sale? Lordy predictive text sucks!
It this car still available?
I’ll take it ass it is, can you email me with a reply on if its still available for pick up
Is this car still avail? I live in ral and am very close to cary and would really love to coordinate to see amd purchase. Pls advise. Thanks.
Sorry. This car is long gone, and if I knew how to get rid of the ad I would because I still get occasional emails and texts. The first line after the title does say SOLD though…